Have you considered the financial legacy you will leave for your family and future generations? Estate planning—the accumulation, management, conservation, and transfer of assets—is a critical component of your comprehensive wealth management strategy. We can work with you to develop an estate plan that is customized for your specific situation and ensures that your wishes are carried out.
Our highly skilled and credentialed team has expertise in the use of wills, gifts, trusts, insurance, and other estate planning tools which can help you:
• Pass on your family wealth to the next generation
• Minimize estate taxes and probate fees
• Provide for sufficient liquidity of assets to pay for estate settlement costs
• Establish directions for the care of minors
• Plan for survivor asset management
• Plan for business succession
• Ensure proper titling and ownership planning for real estate and other assets
• Plan for estate distribution among beneficiaries, charities, and others according to your wishes
As a fiduciary, we put your interests first. Our independent, fee-based financial and estate planning advice can help you provide the legacy you desire and create a secure financial future for your family.
Our experienced team, including CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professionals and other experts in our NJ office, provides independent, practical advice for protecting your assets as part of your comprehensive wealth management plan.
Your financial success is measured not only by the amount of wealth you accumulate, but also by the way you are able to protect your assets—especially in the event of a lawsuit, physical hardship, or some other unexpected occurrence that places your assets at risk.
The result is an effective strategy that keeps your wealth management plan on track, protects your assets from physical and legal risks, and enables you to successfully weather whatever financial surprises you may encounter.
Our estate planning experts and other financial professionals provide independent, practical elder care planning advice to ensure that your family is prepared and protected in the event of a health crisis or other misfortune.
We help you understand the tools and strategies available to you, including:
- Collecting current information on elderly family members’ financial, insurance, medical, and housing needs
- Ensuring that all wills are current in the state of residency
- Considering the use of trusts
- Establishing durable power of attorney
- Health care proxies
- Medicaid planning for long-term care needs
- Advance directives and living wills
Trusts are a useful estate planning tool that can help you meet a variety of personal, family, and business needs. Trusts can help you reduce your estate tax liability, protect your assets, avoid probate, and provide other benefits to your family, business, and beneficiaries.
We work closely with you to coordinate your asset protection strategy with your estate, investment management, retirement, and business plans.
AEPG offers comprehensive, low-cost trust services through an affiliated, federally chartered trust company.